Monday, November 1, 2021

The quest begins...

So, if you read the about page it pretty much sums up what this blog is about and a brief bit about myself. This first post is mostly just to add a few more details about what my goal for this blog is and who I am and what I hope to accomplish through writing in this blog.

So like I said, I grew up in the city and was never taught how to do the same things that rural folks taught their kids such as hunting, fishing, farming, and outdoor skills. Had electricity disappeared in my young adult days, I would be dead by now.

It's that simple.

Thinking about that, I have decided I need to start learning those skills because, quite frankly, with the state of the world these days and the fact that America has become a shadow of the superpower it used to be, the chances of an EMP burst above North America is probably more likely than not.

So this blog will hopefully not only help me shore up the skills necessary to survive an EMP attack by researching, documenting, sharing and practicing what I find online, while there is still electricity to do so, but also to get input from others and share knowledge.

Reading is where things start for me. I have started reading and have read a lot of books relating to off grid living, sustainability, and more recently books on EMP survival in particular. I plan on sharing what I garner from my reads and hopefully discussions on my posts will happen so that we can all benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment